Dear expat blogger,
Welcome to Expat in France blog!
My name is Guillemette, alias Mademoiselle Guiga. I’m quite new to the blogosphere and I aim to help expats living in France. If you want to know more about me, I invite you to check out this page.
I would like to gather expat living in France views and experiences on topics that will appeal to newcomers and fellow expats.
So I’m launching Expat in France brand new monthly linky, where expat bloggers living in France can link their post. This linky round-up is for expats from everywhere, living in France or DOM-TOM.
There will be a different topic each month. The post should be published on your blog the last week of the month in line with the monthly linky topic you want to take part.
You’ll find some great posts to read, and maybe some new-to-you blogs too, so do pop over afterwards and visit some of the posts linked and share some of that love.
I will publish the first week of the following month the round-up post including all the post following the guidelines below. The order will be based on the date I receive the post link.
Expat in France linky round-up guidelines:
First basic rule
The Expat in France Linky is only open to expats living in France and that have lived in France recently.
If you are a non-expat blogger and are interested to participate, you can also interview an expat living in France on the monthly topic.
The following rules (see further down) are to maintain the quality and consistency of the round-up.
- Your post has to have been written and published on your blog in the last week of the month (23 to 30 or 31 of the month) of the corresponding linky you are participating in. (This to give new content for the readers. Also, I give set dates to give as many chances to bloggers that can write some time ahead than the others to appear at the top of the round-up article.)
- Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your post link before the last day of the month.
- I will publish a roundup post the first week of the following month with all the posts selected that included the Expat in France badge (explained below). The order of the posts will follow the order I’ve received them AFTER the 23rd of every month.
- Should be minimum 500 words long
- Written in English preferably but Spanish, Portuguese and French are also accepted since I can read those languages
- The post should be new and published on your blog in the last week of the month (23 to 30 or 31 of the month).
- No plagiarism, please. Posts will be checked on Copyscape
- Respect the month topic (provided below)
- Can include up to 3 external links (no affiliation or sales links, please)
- Pop my badge and short 3-line introductory text on your post. It will be provided by e-mail once your post is validated.
Share the blog love
These are not required but highly appreciated. 😉
- Comment on a few other posts when you have time, it’s nice to share the blog love.
- If you want to, tweet me @_ExpatinFrance and #ExpatinFranceLinky and I will retweet.
- You can also add me on Instagram @expat_in_france, and #ExpatinFranceLinky and I’ll share back.
- Promote your linky post, the same way you would for any other of your new post.
Step 1 : You write and publish a post of minum 500 words on your blog on the monthly theme provided by Expat in France
Step 2 : Send me an e-mail at email@example.com with your post link
Step 3 : I validate your post and send you the Expat in France roundup monthly badge to integrate to your post. (if you prefer, you can send me your post before publication, it is up to you)
Step 4 : Add the badge to your post (anywhere you’d like)
Next linky topics
As we all have busy lives, I give the 2 coming months topics to give more time for the ones that need it. The calendar rules still apply. I will not take into account the posts sent in advance.
Upcoming linky topics:
October: The top… things I’ve learnt from being an expat in France (not necessarily your title as you may want to differentiate your title to others; it’s your choice)
November: What I wish I’d known before coming to France.
December: Winter holiday season in France. (Your view and experience on the holiday season as an expat. It doesn’t have to be Christmas related, it can be Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, your family traditions, what surprises you in France, …)
Please send me an email to confirm your participation and let me know which month topic you will be writing about. The linky will be maintained ONLY if there are enough participants.
If you know any expat blogger that could be interested, do not hesitate to spread the word!
That’s it! If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy linking 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you have all been up to.
PS. Let me know if you organise a linky, I’d be happy to take part if I can.
Interested in participating? Pin it for later!