Dear expat blogger & vlogger!
Welcome to Expat in France blog!
My name is Guillemette, alias Mademoiselle Guiga. I’m French from Lyon and I help expats living in France. If you want to know more about me, I invite you to check out this page.
I would like to gather expat living in France views and experiences on topics that will appeal to newcomers and fellow expats.
So I’m organising an Expat in France linky, where expat bloggers and vloggers living in France can link their post or video. This linky round-up is for expats from everywhere, living in France or DOM-TOM.
There will be a different topic every two months. The post or video should be published on your blog/channel the last week of the month in line with the monthly linky topic you want to take part.
You’ll discover some great content and maybe some new-to-you blogs/vlogs too! So do pop over afterwards and visit some of the posts or videos linked and share some of that love.
I will publish the first week of the following month the round-up post including all the post or embed the videos following the guidelines below. The order will be based on the date I receive the post/video links.
Expat in France linky round-up guidelines:
First basic rule
The Expat in France Linky is only open to expats living in France and that have lived in France recently.
The following rules are to maintain the quality and consistency of the round-up.
October topic: The top… things I’ve learnt from being an expat in France (FINISHED)
December topic: Winter holiday season in France (FINISHED)
February: The top things France does better than [your home country]. (FINISHED)
March/April: [BREACK TO FOCUS ON THE YOUTUBE CHALLENGE! Intrigued? Check out this post for more info!]
May: My major culture shocks when living in France > To be sent back by May 31st.
- Your post/video has to have been published on your blog/channel in the last week of the month (23 to 30 or 31 of the month) of the corresponding linky you are participating in.
- Send me an e-mail at [email protected] with your post/video link before the last day of the month.
- I will publish a roundup post the first week of the following month with all the posts/videos selected that included the Expat in France badge (explained below). The order of the posts will follow the order I’ve received them AFTER the 23rd of every month.
Your post or video
- Should be minimum 500 words long or 2 minutes long for a video
- In English preferably but Spanish, Portuguese and French are also accepted since I can read those languages
- The post or video should be new and published on your blog/vlog the last week of the month (from 23rd to 30th)
- No plagiarism, please. Posts will be checked on Copyscape
- Respect the month topic (provided below)
- Can include up to 3 links external links (no affiliation or sales links, please)
- Pop my badge and the below short 3-line introductory text on your post or present my blog in an introduction in your video. It can be reworded to integrate your post/video better.
- For the videos, integrate the link to my blog at the top of your video and in the description.
“I am writing this article as part of the linky for bloggers organized by the blog Expat in France. Feel free to check it out, you will find lots of useful advice about living in France, navigating the French red tape and understanding better French culture.”
Share the blog love
These are not required but highly appreciated. 😉
- Comment on a few other posts when you have time, it’s nice to share the blog/vlog love.
- If you want to, tweet me @_ExpatinFrance and #ExpatinFranceLinky and I will retweet.
- You can also add me on Instagram @expat_in_france, and #ExpatinFranceLinky and I’ll share back.
- Promote your linky post, the same way you would for any other of your new post.
Step 1: Confirm your participation via email at [email protected]. The linky will be cancelled under 3 participants.
Step 2: You write and publish a post/video of a minimum of 500 words / 2 minutes on your blog/channel on the monthly theme provided by Expat in France. Make sure you include the introduction as explained above.
Step 3: Send me an e-mail at [email protected] with your post/video link
Step 4: I validate your post and send you the Expat in France roundup monthly badge to integrate to your post. (if you prefer, you can send me your post before publication, it is up to you)
Step 5: Add the badge to your post with a hyperlink to Expat in France homepage.
If you know any expat bloggers/YouTubers that could be interested, do not hesitate to spread the word!
That’s it! If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Happy linking 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you have all been up to.
PS. Let me know if you organise a linky, I’d be happy to take part if I can.
Interested in participating? Pin it for later!